Tips for Parents
• Start a Home File to include an accurate journal of meetings, phone calls, letters, etc.
• Put every request, concern and objection in writing to all involved.
• Compile a binder with tabs for evaluations, IEPs, samples of current performance (such as writing samples, classroom tests, projects, activities and homework) and written communications. Include a chart listing all evaluations by date, evaluator, test given, major areas of concern and recommendations.
• Make two copies of all evaluations/reports, one to keep as an original and one to use as a working copy.
• Be sure to bring this Home File with you to all meetings regarding your child.